PCWC 2022 SV Walk
Raise awareness about preventing sexual violence and supporting survivors!
Check in opens at 9:00 am by the Boat House! Come early for musical fun with our DJ, browse the community tables, and enjoy some warm drinks and light refreshments.
WHAT IS IT ALL ABOUT?
- Join us next to the Boat House for our final April awareness event in honor of Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
- Enjoy a nice spring walk around a peaceful lake with friends and family at beautiful Garret Mountain Reservation.
- Listen to our exciting lineup of speakers that share your passion about ending sexual violence.
Tamu Lane: Owner of The Changed Mind and has been teaching and guiding individuals for over 15 years in many unique areas of study including dismantling racism, trauma informed training, recognizing child sexual abuse, LGBTQI cultural competency, yoga and life coaching. She has struggled in the past with her own trauma and therefore is dedicated to helping others begin their journey towards healing through the simple act of changing one's mind.
Steven Dana: Founder and CEO of PROTECTION FROM ABUSE Security
Services - a 501c3 non-profit organization providing guidance and security services to
victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, stalking, and other
violent crime. Mr. Dana is a Victim-Witness Protection Specialist, credentialed Domestic Violence and
Sexual Assault Advocate, Threat Assessment & Management Professional, and a
Security Consultant with over 25 years of combined risk-management, close protection,
and security experience.
Keith Kazmark: Woodland Park's popular Mayor since first elected in 2011, Mayor Kazmark is a former three term Councilman and also now serves as Woodland Park's Administrator. Mayor Kazmark is a recent inductee into the Mayors’ Hall of Fame. He will welcome everyone to his beautiful town and kick off the event
- Visit our community partners for information on healing and wellness.
- NJ Citizen Action Education Fund
- New Destiny Family Success Center
- Circle of Care
- WaFa House
- Coalition on AIDS in Passaic County, Inc.
- Manavi Inc.
- Passaic County Sheriff's Office
- Oasis- A- Haven for Women and Children
- Palestinian American Community Center
- Learn what you can do to help and support survivors.
- Support PCWC Services
- 24-hour hotline 973-881-1450
- 29 bed emergency Safe House
- Transitional Housing
- Legal Advocacy
- Crisis response to police stations and hospitals (and virtually)
- Creative arts therapy for children
- Case management
- Community education and prevention